Re: How do I get GATEWAY2000 PS/2 mouse to work

There is a package called bin86 in the devel area which contains the
as86 and ld86 binaries, which are necessary for kernel-compilation.
Once you have these, the compilation should proceed smoothly.

I don't know if this is properly a bug in the distribution, though, because
you don't need the x86 assembler for compiling on, say, a PowerPc.  But I
definitely agree with you that somewhere there should be a x86 README or
something that makes it easier to figure this out.