Re: catch 22?

Hi Paul --
You said:
> My CD is on a SB16 card.  I've told the new kernel
> NOT to load modules (N to kerneld) and somehow, what is now
> happening is SB driver loads during boot, and then later in the
> boot process I see loading modules, and you guessed it, it loads
> sbpcd as a module also!
The modules listed in /etc/modules will be loaded during boot time
whether or not kerneld has been enabled.

> Only the module doesn't see the line
> passed to the kernel specifying the parameters for sbpcd, so it
> polls for every darn possible address and clone drive!  Now my
> systems takes about ten minutes to boot!
>From the documentation in /usr/doc/modules, I would infer you
have to put a line like
    sbpcd irq=NNN io=NNN
into /etc/conf.modules.  Maybe you have to give sbpcd a number like
sbpcd1; I don't know.  I'm also not sure of which particular arguments
are accepted by this module, but I'd guess they can be deduced from
the kernel sources.

HTH?
Susan Kleinmann