nfs.o module in version 2.0.6

Dear users,

This is in reply to some of the queries regarding the nfs module in
version 2.0.6 of the kernel. At least two people have responded with
the advice to recompile the kernel which seems to be a succesful
approach.

I have discovered however that the problem lies with the module nfs.o
itself. Lazaro Salem (Lazaro.Salem@rf.no) was kind enough to send me
his recompiled version of nfs.o which works fine with the kernel
supplied with Debian 1.1.3. Thus, a solution to the problem is to
merely recompile the module and not necessarilly the entire kernel. If
there is enough interest, I can upload the nfs.o module which Lazaro
supplied to me to some public site until the Debian maintainers fix
the problem. Please write me if you would like this to happen.

Alvin

   | Alvin Birdi                    Email: alvin.birdi@man.ac.uk |
   | School of Economic Studies     Tel: 0161 275-4791           |
   | University of Manchester       Fax: 0161 275-4812           |
   | Manchester M13 9PL  UK                                      |