Re: printing and .profile problems

On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, chris beamis wrote:

> Leszek,
>   Sorry, I should have mentioned that it is the same .profile which I've
> always used successfully with Slackware releases. I was going from memory
> which is the only reason I got the quotes wrong. There is something else
> going on causing bash or something to ignore my .profile.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Chris Beamis

Is it named .profile?  I have a .profile in /etc/ but in my home
directory I use ".bash_profile" and ".bash_rc".

__kmb203@psu.edu_______________Debian/GNU__1.1___Linux__2.0.11___
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly
it flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice
weasels come."
                -- Matt Groening