Re: Two Questions

Dan Bergman writes:

> 1. How do I set up a boot so I can boot Debian or Win95?
>  Now I have to use a boot disk to get debian to boot...

Try this lilo.config:

# Start LILO global section
boot = /dev/hda
compact        # faster, but won't work on all systems.
delay = 50
vga=extended
ramdisk = 0     # paranoia setting
# End LILO global section
# Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /vmlinuz
  root = /dev/hda2
  label = linux
# Linux bootable partition config ends
# WIN95 bootable partition config begins
other = /dev/hda1
  label = win95
  loader = /boot/chain.b
# WIN95 bootable partition config ends

I haven't tried it yet (since my WIN95 is on hdb not hda it has to be
different). It should work, though. In any case you get the idea. Once you
started lilo from Linux you should be able to boot both via the LILO prompt.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
meskes@informatik.rwth-aachen.de |   / ___// ____/ // / / __ \___  __________