RE: Ipfwadm

This message is in reply to the one just posted by Susan Kleinmann:

I tried something similar to what you said, but I could not get it to work.
What did work for me was what Bernd Eckenfels mentioned earlier (Thanks, Bernd).

        Essentially,
        ipfwadm -F -a masq -S 192.168.0.0/29 -D 0/0

        Which will masquerade host 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.7

I tried it and it worked. As we type, I'm looking in the man pages still
trying to gain a better understanding (seeing as I'm a bit of a Linux
newbee).

Just one more thang... I know ping wont work through this, but is there
something I can do to make FTP operational from all the other machines
besides the Linux box?

Thanks, I hope this helps everyone else out as much as it did me.

Tim

 < I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be APPROXIMATED! >
Email: tjobrien@traveller.com