Re[4]: 1.1 problems

 Well, a simple test to see whether (whichever) Linux kernel can recognize
 the busmouse is by reading the booting screeen. If the busmouse detection
 has been compiled in you should see at the very beggining just a few lines
 after the "Loading ..." :

 Bus mouse detected and configured

 If your screen flies (as mine .-) in front of you try:

   # dmesg | grep mouse

 As you will see Debian 1.1 and 1.1.1 did not have the busmouse supported
 by the kernel (0.93R6 kernels 1.2.13 did). A pity because I have one too
 :-).

 Under buzz-updates/ you should find all the changes made to 1.1
 --they were not included in buzz-fixed/ <-Debian-1.1.x/ <-stable/
 as of last friday however (see my previous post).

 You should also find under ../special buzz-updates/special-kernels/
 6 kernel config files with different options set. Among those different
 compilation options, guess what... the configuration of busmice. Most of
 them either are such that the CONFIGURE_BUSMICE (or something like that)
 is not set, or is just set as loadable module.

 In the installation scripts of debian installations set (june 16 and July
 14) there was no mention about busmice modules. I agree.

 I haven't checked out  Debian 1.1.2 which has just been released.
 happy hacking :-)
 Lazaro