Re: mounting other file systems (novell & afs)

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Rick Hawkins wrote:

[Wants to be able to mount Novell and AFS filesystems on Linux.]

> The second is the AFS file system for the campuswide workstations.  I

	Linux-AFS is apparently somewhat arcane at the moment.  There's
a (very) limited amount of information on AFS on Transarc's AFS homepage

http://www.transarc.com/afs/transarc.com/public/www/Product/AFS/FAQ/faq.html

basically, Transarc acknowledges the existence of the AFS port to Linux,
but they don't distribute or support it.  About the extent of their page
is to mention the mailing list (linux-afs@mit.edu).  Send mail to
linux-afs-request@mit.edu to sign on; I joined it a couple of days ago
myself.  Only a couple of messages have come across it since, one saying
that a port to the 2.0.0 kernel will be worked on soon.  (And it could be
a really big help to me when it arrives.)  I can't provide more than just
this pointer, because I'm a total newbie to the Linux-AFS thing.

David winters+@pitt.edu
http://www.pitt.edu/~winters/
http://www.pitt.edu/~dcwst8/