mounting other file systems (novell & afs)

I strongly suspect that there are how-to's for this, but i have no idea
what the names are . . . so even a pointer would help.

There are two types of foreing file systems we have interest in
mounting.  The first are thte novell type used by our departmental
servers.  I recall such options in the kernel, but then what? I would
need to automate the logon to the servers.

The second is the AFS file system for the campuswide workstations.  I
would like to both get acces to things such as man pages, and to the
individual student direcotories, allowing editing on linux, and
compile/execute on an alpha.

where do i look?

thanks

rick