PPP Network configuration

I've been trying to set up PPP on two debian machines, and haven't
quite got it working.  The server has been running 0.93 for a while,
and I just starting installing 1.1 on the client last week.

I can start and maintain the connection, and I can reach the server
from the client, but nowhere else.  It has been suggested to me
that the server kernel needs IP forwarding, but I haven't been
able to find any documentation on this; is it a module, perhaps?

The client started its life on ethernet, and was taken off after
getting debian files, etc.  I believe I have removed all traces of
the ethernet driver.  I have tried moving the important parts
of /etc/init.d/network to /etc/ppp/ip-up, and commenting them out
from both, to no avail.  My route table on the client shows a default
route to the server alright, but I can't get past it.

The client's ppp options include defaultroute and explicit
local-ip:remote-ip, and the server's include proxyarp and
local-ip:remote-ip.

Thanks for your time,
Paul

Paul Kautz, Jumbo Yaffa Blocks #94:             [          ] Avast  Bim
1996 is the year of the accordion.              pek@ralph.rmwc.edu  Bom
"My Corn Cob God with the face up high without a motive startles."  Bim