Re: ftp.debian.org problems

On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> We suggest you use the same mirror script we use, and set it so that if
> more than 10% of files go away at once it won't delete them.

Which one do you use? Where to get it? 10% seems reasonable.

> We did have problems with debian.org - the system it was running on
> was taken away, and we had to put a system we never intended to be
> debian.org in its place. Our first priority now is to keep the mirror
> systems updated.

Good point!

Thanks for your tremendous work,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: zxmmz01@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de            //
//    http://www.schwaben.de/linux                        //
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in
whole or in part.   License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft
for $299. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.