Re: ftp.debian.org problems

From: Martin Konold <zxmmz01@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de>
> 1.) I do not hink it is a good idea to mount the /pub areas on a heavily
> used ftp server via nfs. (especially performace wise)

This is currently done because of a hardware/driver problem. We'll get
that resolved eventually.

> 2.) A lot of simple mirror scripts tend to delete the local copy of the
> files when they succed in connecting to the ftp  server but find the
> directory empty.

We suggest you use the same mirror script we use, and set it so that if
more than 10% of files go away at once it won't delete them.

We did have problems with debian.org - the system it was running on
was taken away, and we had to put a system we never intended to be
debian.org in its place. Our first priority now is to keep the mirror
systems updated.

	Thanks

	Bruce