Re: pppd and setuidness (was Re: 3 Questions)

On Sun, 16 Jun 1996, Richard Kettlewell wrote:

> >>good question.  and why isn't pppd setuid root?  if it's a security issue,
> >>a ppp group would be in order.
> >

> Personally I find that the diald package is an excellent way of
> avoiding this whole issue.  However:

i've been using kerneld (and request-route) to do this for some time now,
so it really wasn't an issue.  i was merely asking a question (since pppd
installs itself setuid root when you build your own).

jeff
---
Why Linux?  source code. POSIX. tcpip. job control. support from the authors.
drivers for most hardware.  because one terminal or process is never enough.
    forget the other O/Ss, i use Linux- the choice of a gnu generation.