Re: 1.1 Beta Install (11 June 1996 disks)

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Chris Walker wrote:

> Andy Dougherty wrote:
> >
> > I tried a fresh install of 1.1 Beta using the 11 June 1996 disks.
> >
> > 1.  My PS/2 mouse no longer works.  I'll try to track this down today.
>
> Try compiling the kernel with PS/2 mouse support in the kernel, rather than
> as a module.

The problem is that the psaux module wasn't available on the 11 June
installation disks (unless I goofed up somewhere in the installation).

In my case, the fix was simple, if rather long-winded. I obtained the
kernel 2.0.0.tar.gz sources, configured, built, and installed a new kernel
with PS/2 mouse support using the nifty kernel-package package (from
project/experimental).

Back to the installation issue . . . is there room on the root diskette
to include the psaux module?  I doubt I'm the only Debian user with a
PS/2-style mouse.  That one only thing I needed to add.

    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042