Re: linux v2.0: networking & sendmail changes?

>> problems. The dbm library must have been compiled to use fcntl (or lockf).

gdbm, as shipped by the FSF, compiles for fcntl or flock, depending on
which it finds. I'd taken over maintenance (though lacking bug reports
haven't uploaded a new package) but for my own use, built a version
that did no locking at all (it interferes with kerberos V5 database
locking, for one thing.)

If I could come up with a good interface (environment variable? mode
bits on the database?) I'd submit the patches for real...