Re: installation notes

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Guy Maor wrote:

> > I installed the new versions on Tuesday evening.  The buzz directories
> inadvertently broke Wednesday's script run.  That's been fixed so
> today's run (going on now) will produce a correct Packages file.

What about releasing the script which produces the Packages files?

> Expect quite a lot of shuffling on the ftp site in the next couple of
> days.  We're discussing a much better (heh - I suggested it) way of
> organizing the ftp site.  Everything will be done by this Monday.

Hmm, please do not shuffle that much. Think about the traffic you are
causing on the mirrors. Every mv on your side will cause a  rm and a
reget on the mirror sites.
This will prevent the mirrors from keeping in sync and cause a lot of
unneeded net traffic.
So please do the rearrangement after 1.1 has been released!

Yours,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: zxmmz01@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de            //
//    http://www.schwaben.de/linux                        //
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in
whole or in part.   License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft
for $299. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.