Strange IP address...

Hello,

I have recently installed the beta version of Debian on a Gateway that is
connected on an intranet at work.  (The installation was flawless by the
way.)

I have recompiled the kernel and added all the network support and apache
as I will be running an intranet-based website with teaching files for
radiology residents.  It is actually pretty cool, we save the images in
bitmap form and using MS Frontpage very quickly write teaching files.
The doctors in the hospital can then view the images with netscape.

Anyway, the intranet is a Window NT net and while goofing around I
discovered that my machine has two IP addresses.  One is the one
assigned, 172.16.18.5 and the other is 127.0.0.1.  I think I have gone
through all the config files in /etc and I can't find out where this
address is being sent out from.  When I reboot with just the Windows for
Workgroups the address disappears so I am assuming it is an artifact of
one of the network items I installed on the Linux side.

Can someone tell me which package has this generic address and where I
can find it and kill it?

Regards,
Craig