Re: loss of routing info with 2.0.0

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Rick Hawkins wrote:

> I have compiled the 2.0.0 kernel (successfully), but lost my routing
> info in the process (coming from 1.3.95).  "route" only shows the
> machine itself.
>
> If i manually add the missing router & gateway, it works fine, but i
> lose this on reboot.

Please look at /etc/init.d/
probably some files did change within this directory.
Look at the file dates and for backups within this directory.

Yours,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: zxmmz01@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de            //
//    http://www.schwaben.de/linux                        //
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in
whole or in part.   License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft
for $299. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.