Re: Debian 1.1beta problems

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Mark Phillips wrote:

> I have recently installed debian (1.1beta) for the first time, my
> previous system being Slackware 3.0.  I have had a number of problems
> and would appreciate some help.

I can help with a this one:

> * I've installed color-ls but I still don't get color?  The same
> for X.

color-ls must be set up to work.  The command "eval `dircolors`" will
enable it.  Read /usr/doc/color-ls/color-ls.README and/or man color-ls
and dircolors.

It is left to the system administrator whether to enable color-ls as the
system-wide default.  I just put enable it from my personal .cshrc file.

Luck.  Syrus.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.