Can't install debian 1.1

Hi.

I tried to install debian 1.1 with Boot1440.bin from may 28, but there was
a problem:

I have a Pentium with Adaptec AHA2940 SCSI-controller and a Samsung
PLS-31274S SCSI-harddisk.

Here is a part of the output of the boot process:

(...)
aic7xxx: Burstlen = 8DWD, Latency timer = 32PCLKS
aic7xxx: AHA-2940 Ultra Rev B.
aic7xxx: devconfig = 0x580
aic7xxx: Reading SEEPROM...done
aic7xxx: Extended translation enabled
aic7xxx: Using 16 SCB's after checking for SCB memory
AHA-2940 Ultra (PCI-Bus)
   irq 10
   bus release time 40 bclks
   data fifo treshold 100%
   SCSI CHANNEL A:
      scsi id 7
      scsi selection timeout 256 ms
      scsi bus reset at power-on enabled
      scsi bus paritz enabled
      scsi bus termination (low byte) enabled
aic7xxx: Downloading sequencer code...done
aic7xxx: Resetting the SCSI bus ...done
scsi0: Adaptec AHA274x/284x/294x (EISA/VLB/PCI-Fast SCSI) 3.0/3.0/3.0
scsi: 1 host
aic7xxx: Scanning channel A for devices:
aic7xxx: Target 0, channel A, now synchronous at 10.0 MHz, offset (0xf).
   Vendor: SAMSUNG   Model: PLS-31274S   Rev: 6101
   Type: Direct-Access    ANSI-SCSI Revision: 02
Detected scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
scsi: aborting command due to timeout: pid 6, scsi 0, channel 0, id 0, lun 5 0x
00 a0 00 00 00 00
aic7xxx: (abort-reset) scb state 0x1, command phase, SCSISIGI=0x84
SCSI host abort (pid 6) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0
aic7xxx: (abort-reset) scb state 0x7, command phase, SCSISIGI=0x94
aic7xxx: Target 2, channel A, now synchronous at 4.0 MHz, offset (0xf).
(...)

As the harddisk is detected, its motor stops spinning. He not even restarts
spinning at a hard reset. I have to switch off the computer and then to
restart.

I hope this is only a simple problem with my hardware-configuration, but I am
not very familiar with scsi:

The terminators are set correctly.
All ids are unique.
In the SCSI-select menu, 'Send Start Unit SCSI Command' is enabled for the
harddisk.
On the harddisk all jumpers are on the default setting (excluding the
termination-jumper and the jumpers for the id).

Thanks for helping me,

Ralf