Re: ~/.saves-6702-hostname.domainname

Andreas Wehler wrote:

>  Does somone know how to avoid long lists of emacs-savings like that
> in the subject line?  They seem to be created only if the emacs is
> invoced on the local machine but not if started remotely via telnet
> etc.  The saves-files contain files visited with that emacs-session.

If you want to read up on these files, try

    ^h f recover-session RETURN

I tried a couple ideas from the emacs newsgroups for turning these off.
They all had bad side effects, such as randomly saving regular files
with permissions of 000, etc. This was reported as a bug, and I believe
will be fixed in 19.31.

For now, I've left the save files enabled for my people until 19.31 comes
out.

--
...RickM...