Re: netscape*.deb installation problem

> When I dpkg -iGBE netsc*.deb, I get the message that Netscape wants to
> see the archive netscape*.tar.gz in /tmp.  Nothing further seems to
> happen.  The obvious thing to try was to cd /tmp, then run dpkg, but
> alas, no joy:-(
>
> What's the story?

Because Netscape will not allow redistribution of their work, the Debian
version is just an installer that requires the original distribution from
Netscape.  Try anonymous ftp to ftp[2-9].netscape.com to get the requested
archive.

If you're looking for the beta version of 3.0, then you'll have to wait
a few days until I upload the version for the beta-4 release.

                                        Brian
                               ( bcwhite@verisim.com )