Re: dselect complaints

On Sun, 19 May 1996, William S. Gribble wrote:

> Ian Jackson wrote:
> > I'm not interested in hearing any more complaints or even extensive
> > suggestions for improvement, unless the person complaining is
> > volunteering to do the work on a new interface.
>
> If you don't want feedback about the tools, might I suggest that you
(junk clipped)

As someone who has suggested a rewriting of dselect, let me vote for Ian on
this one.

Dselect is hard for new users, but I like it overall... It is extremely
functional.

I was going to come down on Mr. Gribble for his post, but that work has
already been done, so I'm as of now downloading the source to dselect and
I'm going to head-butt it until I understand it or it defeats me.

(inside tip: bet heavily on dselect ;)

__kmb203@psu.edu_________________________Debian__1.1___Linux__1.99.3___
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                -- Matt Groening