Re: dselect complaints

  Ian> I know that there are many people who don't like dselect.
  Ian> [...]
  Ian> Suggestions for improvements that don't involve a complete
  Ian> restructuring are still welcome.

I don't have any problem at all with the interface of dselect, but I
wish it would not depend on the correctness of the Packages.gz file to
operate correctly.  WIBNI there was an option where dpkg --avail -R
were run on the three directories given in ``[A]ccess'' and dselect
used that information?

I think that could be done without too much restructuring in the
dselect code (though I know none of it).

Disregard if you don't like this suggestion,
kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.