Re: perl and setgid scripts

...in fact apropos my previous comments about perl, I note that the
description reads as follows:

    Larry Wall's Practical Extracting and Report Language.
    An interpreted scripting language, known among some as "Unix's
    Swiss Army Chainsaw".

    Perl is optimized for scanning arbitrary text files and system
    administration. It has built-in extended regular expression
    matching and replacement, a dataflow mechanism to improve security
    with setuid scripts and is extendible via modules that can
    interface to C libraries.

It's not clear what point there is in advertising the taint feature if
you're not going to implement set[ug]id scripts...

Darren?

- Richard

--
http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/