un-stripped executables

I just installed the debianized tin version 1.3 on my system, and the
executable was 1.4Meg! I stripped it, which reduced it to about 500k, but that
still seems large.

I'm just wondering how many more files aren't stripped, or are compiled with
debugging options which waste space on a debian system.

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 5 days. If you don't  ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail ]
[ (we have a sometimes sporadic connection to the internet) ]

"Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement."
   - Jim Horning