linux include files arrangement

Does debian 1.1 observe the arrangement of the Linux kernel with
regards to include files etc? ie should there be symlinks /usr/include
to include and asm subdirectories in /usr/src/linux?

I appear to have a directory /usr/include/linux which is NOT
a symlink to /usr/src/linux/include/linux. It duplicates many of
the files in the latter directory though.

I previously only installed the kernel-header package from debian. But
now I have just rebuilt the kernel from
kernel-source-1.3.100-0.all.deb (because of module problems). Should I
remove the /usr/include/linux files and make a symlink to the source
directory?

Derek Lee