Re: X Windows

OK, so, I used xdm to start X and things work fine. When I exit fvwm2 I
get a login prompt. Now, I want to shut down the server.

A. I can find no xdm process either with ps a or top. Is it hiding?

2. I can find the server in the list, but of course, when I kill it xdm
restarts it.

D. I remember seeing a process id when I started xdm, but that was long
ago and far away.

TIA,

Dwarf