what happened to dpkg-ftp?

Does anybody know what happened to dpkg-ftp?  I can't find it
anywhere.  I have looked in all the directories on ftp.debian.org and
have searched the ls-lR file with no luck.  I am wanting to look into
doing an 1.1 upgrade over a ppp dial-up connection during the middle
of the night.  This brings up another question.  What happens if the
connection is dropped in the middle of the upgrade?  If I restart the
upgrade will it pick up were it left off?

Thanks,

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering
Purdue University