1.1 Beta install problem: Network configuration not saved

During a fresh install of 1.1 beta, I had problems configuring
my network.  I have an older Western Digital (wd.o) card.
There were three problems:

1.  The network card was not detected by the boot floppy.  After
    installing the base system, I was able to switch to vt2 and

	insmod 8390
	insmod wd

    and load the modules, but it did take me a while to figure that out.

2.  I went through the 'Configure the Network' menu item, but my
    selections don't appear to have been recorded anywhere!  That is,
    a 'grep' for my IP address in etc/* etc/*/* came up empty.

3.  Upon rebooting, (the 'Smoke test') I again had to manually

	insmod 8390
	insmod wd

    I then tried to use nfs Access under dselect, but it didn't work
    because all the 'Configure Network' stuff I had typed didn't get
    stored anywhere.  I had to do all the ifconfig and route stuff
    manually.

Could someone send me whatever the 'Configure the Network' was supposed
to generate (e.g. the appropriate /etc/init.d/[whatever] and the
appropriate /etc/rc?.d/[SK]nnxxxxx links?)

Thanks,

    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042