Unidentified subject!

Does anyone know of an easy way to make it so that
cron.daily/weekly/monthly jobs get executed even if the system is not on
at the specified time?

For instance, I typically only run my home system an hour or two per
day.  How could I make it so that the first time I boot my system each
day, /etc/cron.daily jobs gets run, the first time I boot each week that
/etc/cron.weekly gets run, and the first time I boot at the beginning of
a new month that /etc/cron.monthly gets run?  As it is now, these almost
never get run unless I do it manually.

Thanks,

Gerry
gerry@blue.intele.net