Re: minicom..

On Tue, 14 May 1996 Richard.Dansereau@ee.umanitoba.ca wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to get minicom properly setup.  When I try to run
> minicom as a non-priveledged user.. I get the error that
> 	/dev/cua1 permission denied
> The default permission settings on /dev/cua1 when you install
> Debian 0.93R6 is 660.  I can get things to work if I set the
> permissions to 666 but isn't this somewhat of a security problem?
> Is there a secure way of setting this up?

Yes. Just add people who need to access the cua? devices to the dialout
group.

> Also, when I was previously using the slackware distribution
> minicom was in color.  I currently don't get it in color in an
> xterm.  Does debian come with a special color xterm?

Yes. The xterm that comes with the base X11 system is the one from the MIT
X distribution (i.e. no color support.) Assuming you're running ELF, get
the xterm-color package in unstable/x11. You might also have to

	setenv MINICOM                 "-c on"

or something similar to get color.

  Christian