Re: upgrading from 0.93R6 to 1.1 beta

On Sat, 4 May 1996, David Engel wrote:

> >   Scott>  I assume you mean the dpkg in unstable/binary/base, since I
> >   Scott> couldn't find any "upgrades" directory. BTW, is there an ELF version
> >   Scott> of dpkg? I only saw an a.out version.
> >
> > Yes, in debian/project/experimental
> Our archive maintainer has not created the updates directory yet.
> When that happens, the a.out version will be placed there and the ELF
> version will be moved to the binary/base directory.
The 1.1.5aout version of dpkg is necessary for upgrading the base
packages. Once all the base libraries have been upgraded, then upgrading
to the elf version will be useful/possible.
Because of this, I think both versions should be left in an easy to get at
location (together would be better than seperate)