Re: fingerd

hmmm... nope.  I deleted those files, and still the same

$ finger @localhost
[localhost]

$

is all that happens...  I think it has something to do with inetd.conf:

finger          stream  tcp     nowait  nobody  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/in.fingerd -w -f

it looks good to me, but it doesn't work.

Jason Eggleston
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~jegglest/