xbase doesn't setup the server

Package: xbase
Version: 3.1.2-8

I upgraded X to ELF from .99R6, and after going through xbase, xfnt*,
xlib and some clients, xdm didn't start the server. I had to
re-decipher all the mess of xdm which I obviously had forgotten :-(

The order I did it was xlib, xbase, xfnt*, xserver-s3. It turns out
that xbase-configure finds /etc/X11/XF86Config and does not find
#debian-not-configured in /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers. This makes it not
#include the line ":0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X" at the end of Xservers,
#leaving xdm with no servers to start.

I also have a suggestion about fonts: I thought I had installed all
the xfnt*, but I had forgotten xfntbase... This means that the server
stops when it doesn't find the font "fixed". Considering that I had
those fonts in the previous installation and that something removed
them, so it wasn't my fault, I think it'd be nice to have a dependency
for xfntbase either in xserver or xfnt^base* (in zsh notation), or
another suitable place.

Carlos