RE: Mirrors et al.

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, SnaX wrote:

> > C> CD manufactures want version numbers?  Fine, they can have them.
> > C> YYMMDD of whatever day they cut the CD.  YYMMDD is the only date
> > C> format that sorts properly...so I use it for everything.
> >
> > Only problem is, sorting will break in less than 4 years :>
> >
> > It's going to be interesting to see what happens globally when 00
> > rolls around.  I wonder if there are many important programs that are
> > going to take a header...
>

> Why don't they use the format YYYYMMDD ?
>
> If this is such a big concern for version number and it last's until year
> 9999.

Yeah, but what then?  You haven't thought about that, have you?
*Richard G. Roberto		*	"until we extend the realm of our *
*richr@bear.com			*	 compassion to all living things, *
*201-739-2886               	*	 we will not ourselves have peace"*
*Whippany, NJ			*	- Albert Schweitzer 		  *

-- Disclaimer Below --

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.