Re: Package file buglets

In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.93.960427163608.262C-100000@dwarf.polaris.net>, Dale Scheetz writes:
>Ppp is, to my knowlege, the only module that must be built as a module.
>And this has only been since the introduction of bsd_comp.

PPP must be a module _if you want to use bsd_comp_.  If you opt to
ignore bsd_comp, then you should be able to compile ppp into the
kernel.

At least, that worked last time I rebuilt our PPP server---but it's
been such a wonderfully reliable box (running the release 0.93R6, no
less, coming down only for power outages) that it's been at least six
months since I last did so.

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."