Re: mouse-clicks in elvis and tin (was Re: VI insert problems)

Craig Sanders said:
> window. bloody irritating.  I use hjkl to move the cursor.  I use the
> mouse to select text for cutting and pasting.  Worst thing about it is
> that it makes it impossible to cut & paste text with the mouse.
>
> tin v1.30b exhibits a similar problem.  I often like to select text out
> of a news message (e.g. a URL for pasting into Netscape, or an email
> address for pasting into a finger command in another window etc etc
> etc). tin interprets a mouse click as the 'next {page|message}' key.
> This is worse than irritating.  This behaviour is infuriating.

Hold down the shift key while cutting and pasting. Seems the shift key allows
the server to take over the mouse, rather than the application. Works for me.

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 5 days. If you don't  ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail ]
[ (we have a sometimes sporadic connection to the internet) ]

"It is generally agreed that "Hello" is an appropriate greeting because if you
   entered a room and said "Goodbye," it could confuse a lot of people."
   - Dolph Sharp, "I'm O.K., You're Not So Hot"