Re: Package file buglets

In message <[🔎] m0uDEqb-00017TC@miles.econ.queensu.ca>, Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.
queensu.ca writes:
>  VaX#n8> I can't seem to statically link ppp into my kernel... it complains
>And there is notthing you can do about it. See what lines 55-57 in

Ug, so I can't statically link in PPP at all?  I'm trying to set up a
gateway which runs from floppy.  I don't care too much about BSD compression
but having all that insmod gunk would take up too much room on floppy.
Note I haven't looked at the source too much to figure out other ways to
do this without bsd_comp/kmodules... I'm new to Linux kernel compiling
(but I've done it before on other unices).

Since this is a dedicated gateway the tradeoffs of having PPP a module
are kind of silly...