1.1beta Install problems

Hi,

I am installing debian for the first time (1.1beta) and was using
dselect.  After I had finished with selecting, I was notified about
some dependency things to resolve.  I chose to go against the default
and deselect both packages like so:

*_ Imp mail pine
__   ?    ? imapd

When I hit return I got a Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Second thing.  Later when I tried selecting again, I got the following
dependency clash:

*** Std base  libcs
u** Std devel libcs-dev

(libcs-dev depends on libcs)

I would hit return to accept the recommended changes, and it would
come back to dependency resolution immediately, with exactly the
same thing - ie an infinite loop.  Any explanation?

Third thing: I installed the X base package and svga server but when I
tried to run startx, it couldn't find the command?  Any explanations?

Thanks for your help,

Mark Phillips (mark@maths.flinders.edu.au)