Re: which whichy

> > > Where is "which"?
> > >
> > > I tried to run the NTeX install script; it failed as which was not on the path.

It may be built into some shells, but it's also a separate program
on some systems.

	SunOS 4.1.3:	/usr/ucb/which		c-shell script
	Solaris 2.5:	/bin/which		c-shell script
	Slackware 3.0	/usr/bin/which		ELF executable

I'm not suprised that the NTeX install script expected to find 'which'.
This is likely to be common occurance.  Perhaps the Slackware version
could be used here.  I'm not sure offhand where the source is.  (which is
from the 'bin' package on 'diska2', but beyond that, I don't know.

    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafcol.lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042