Re: Mirror sites in Europe?

> In addition to this I'd add for UK users sunsite.doc.ac.uk, in
> packages/Linux/debian/.  Sunsite has the added advantage that it
> allows NFS-mounting, which is *very* convenient; I use the following
> script to mount it (note that IP numbers are required due to a bug in
> Linux NFS):

This has two serious drawbacks: sunsite is rarely up-to-date, and
sometimes it takes days to mount part of it using NFS.  The mirror
at ftp.mcc.ac.uk is also available using NFS, but you need to mount
it using one of these addresses:

     mount zeus.mcc.ac.uk:/afs /afs
     mount hpd.mcc.ac.uk:/afs /afs

In either case the Debian files are in
/afs/mcc.ac.gb/ftp/pub/linux/distributions/Debian.  For the moment,
thanks mainly to Stephen Early, they tend to be fairly up-to-date.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk