Re: bigger, sexier, more phly debian...

ean@dallas-cs-000.novare.net (Ean Schuessler)  wrote on 18.04.96 in <[🔎] 2.2.32.19960418182556.009d797c@mail.novare.net>:

> At 08:44 AM 4/18/96 +0200, you wrote:
> >masoto@uniandes.edu.co (Martin Alonso Soto Jacome)  wrote on 17.04.96 in
> <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.91.960417091836.3726C-100000@naoma.uniandes.edu.co>:
> >
> >> I think Java can be ported to whatever graphics system is available.  It
[...]
> >Anyway, I agree that it's not a Debian concern - at least as long as
> >there's nothing to package. So we should probably take it off the list.

> The Debian concern here is a more attractive and intuitive graphical install
> system. Whether a graphical install has any advantages over the obvious
> asthetic ones is another question.

Well, let's just say that these are two completely different topics - the
above wasn't talking about a Debian install program, but about something
(hopefully) better than X as a GUI. Pure vaporware, as well.

> What about just using SVGAlib?

In the above context, certainly a strong possibility. In the Debian
install tool context, very unlikely - it's a much too raw interface.

MfG Kai