Re: Connection via modem

  Keith> This is now a year old and it was tested using Suns.  Does anybody
  Keith> know if this is true for Linux implemetations and architectures?

Don't forget that there are two sides to a connection. So it would Linux and
Sun, Linux and this hardware, Linux and that hardware, ...

I remember that a couple of people tested the service offered here by Queen's
U and compared ftp througput, albeit from Windoze boxes. Compressed slip
seemed to be marginally faster, maybe by 3-5%. That was last summer, though.

I am myself a happy dip/cslip user, but will play with ppp once the hords
leave town so that I can experiment more with the dial-in service. (Which,
thank goodnessm, is free as are the local calls. Neat things that is...)

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd