Re: Floppy X

J> Or even buggy distribution can be uploaded
J> to a mass production line(as I heard on Debian).

The Debian developers didn't ``upload'' a dodgy version of Debian.
InfoMagic included the wrong tree (the unstable tree) in their CDs.

J> I really feel the very basic X where you can load multiple windows
J> is a must.  No other distribution has organized disks in that way
J> and Debian can be better if it can support X base disks IMHO.

How does your misfortune of getting a bad debian CD lead to the
requirement of a X based install (or mininmal X disk set)?  If you
have a bad CD, bug the CD vendor and get a replacement.  Problem
solved!  Yggdrasil's a good example.

J> I start to feel wonder I have to go back to my Linux FT which was
J> really easy to install. It took less than 30 minutes to have fully
J> functioning UNIX.

If the distribution CD is free of corrupt files, most people should
have no problems installing debian or FT.

--
Billy C.-M. Chow                         Debian Linux 1.3.84
billy.chow@eng.ox.ac.uk