Re: ghostscript and svgalib.so.1 not compatible.

> ghostscript won't run, even under X, since it is an a.out binary,
> while svgalib is ELF.  I don't remember seeing the solution to this on
> the lists.  Probably I just let it fly by.

I've become the new gs maintainer, and I releaseed gs-3.53 ELF
some time ago (depends on ELF svgalib1) However, as gs-3.53
is still Aladdin licenced, it (probably) cannot be in the
"Core" distribution, so I'm also going to release gs-2.62 ELF
real soon now (but I've got other things to worry about, too).

Please hold on, cannot take much longer now.

--
joost witteveen
            joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl