Re: Commence downloading for the beta test

At 01:27 PM 3/1/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Bruce Perens <bruce@pixar.com> writes:
>
>> The only FTP archive that I currently know to be up to date is
>> 	ftp://ftp.i-connect.net/debian/unstable/binary-i386/
>
>Could someone turn on the `tar' facility for the FTP server, if it has
>one?  Even better, keeping an up-to-date copy of each subdirectory as
>a tar.gz file would be really nice.  This request also applies to the
>ftp.debian.org site and other mirrors.
>
>Dan

Tar may be ok, but I don't have the space for my mirror to have a tar.gz
file (especially since the files area basically compressed already) for each
directory - rather a waste of time I think.

...Karl
--
Karl Ferguson <karl@tower.net.au>                Tel: +61-9-455-3446
                                                 Fax: +61-9-455-2776