floppy read & emacs-X clash?

I recently bumped into the following bug. It is only slightly annoying, but I
don't know what is really responsible for it.

1) do a raw floppy operation such as fdformat (during verify) or dd in an xterm
window
2) while the floppy chews on, open an emacs window
3) click the left button on the menu bar
4) while keeping the button pushed, move horizontally back and forth between
menu titles.

When I do that, I get my screen completely garbage after a while: horizontal
lines appear everywhere, even out of the windows. I even had a bit of text
under a menu "pasted" in the middle of another emacs buffer. Of course nothing
serious: an fvwm refresh screen, and everything comes back into place.

What could be responsible:

emacs-19.29-4.deb
fvwm-1.24r-7.deb
xs3-3.1.2-1.deb
xslib-3.1.2-1.deb
xbase-3.1.2-4.deb
xstd-3.1.2-2.deb
???.deb (for the dd and fdformat...)

Amities,

		Jean Orloff
+Tel:(33)50.09.16.75   Fax:(33)50.09.94.95   http://lapphp0.in2p3.fr/~orloff/+
"I'm not very gifted for C.A.T.S (Computer-Aided Time Spill)"
Jean-Paul Budillon