Re: I think distribution floppies should have X ready.

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, J wrote:

> You will never know how troublesome when you have to install
> X stuff or anything big while you continuously have
> troubles like corrupted files etc.

What trouble do you have with corrupted files? How are you moving the
packages to the machines that you are installing Debian on?

> It would be better to put X in base disks

Surely you would have the same problems with corruption when creating the
base disks? Remember that putting X on the base disks would increase the
number of disks considerably.

By the way, what do you mean by 'X'? The shared libraries? The core
binaries? The servers? The fonts? All together these are about 40Mb
uncompressed.

Steve Early
sde1000@cam.ac.uk