Re: /dev/xconsole

> > It's not clear to me that MAKEDEV should be making named pipes. We could
> > have a MAKEPIPE script for that :-) . Doesn't some X package make this?
> You're right. xbase, the provider of xconsole, should make the
> /dev/xconsole fifo in its postint.  I'm filing a bug report with this
> message.  For benefit of the xbase maintainer, the command, once again,
> is:
> 	mknod -m 644 /dev/xconsole p

Is the reason for this not existing also the reason that rxvt complains
to me about not being able to open the console for reading?

|     Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electrical Engineering TU Delft,   NL    |
|      boekhold@cindy.et.tudelft.n   boekhold@gopher.library.tudelft.nl     |
|		          Rave or Die!!!!!!                                 |